1. According to a report by Beijing Statistics Bureau, retail sales of consumer goods in the Chinese capital surpassed 1 trillion yuan ($152 billion) in 2015, up 7.3 percent year on year.
2. The blocks of flats which were up to 12 storeys high in the city of Wuhan are making way for a huge new business district including a 707-metre tall skyscraper.
3. 3.The End of the One-Child Policy
4. Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) announced that it would put $30 billion of its cash toward share repurchases. The news made investors happy: The stock popped, and even a week later was up 12% relative to the S&P over that same 7-day period. The buybacks were part of a larger $130 billion capital return program that the company said would extend through 2015.
5. China's employment situation is generally stable in the first quarter of 2016, said Li Zhong, Spokesman of the Ministry, adding that the economic downturn and structural reform, however, make employment more difficult.
6. Golden State righted itself over the next few months. Kevin Durant suffered an injury which let Stephen Curry be Stephen Curry again, and when Kevin Durant returned, the team had found a balance between their two MVPs. The result was a terrifying burst through the playoffs, as the Warriors swept the Western Conference playoffs. Portland offered no resistance. Utah put up a noble effort but still couldn't get a game. The Spurs led by 20 ... and then Kawhi Leonard went down with an injurywhen Zaza Pachulia stuck his foot out, and that was that.
1. As a point of comparison, the combined 29.1 million total from those old master sales was 34 percent less than the 44.2 million Christie’s and Sotheby’s took in at equivalent events five years ago, in December 2011.
2. The same seven schools continue to dominate the top half of the ranking. AGSM at UNSW Business School of Australia entered the ranking for the first time in eighth position.
4. Suspecting that the water had been mixed with something harmful, Tang reported the incident to the class monitor and teachers.
5. If the bounce is minimal and transitory it will be clear that the structural shift is under way. I hope the companies which are over invested in expensive projects and countries still overwhelmingly dependent on oil and gas revenues are ready.
6. Strong reviews, and praise for the performances - particularly from the children at the centre of the story, and Willem Dafoe, who plays the manager of the motel where they live.
4. Shipments of cellphones made by Chinese companies reached 498 million in 2016, accounting for 88.9% of the country's total shipments, according to the report from the China Academy of Information and Communication Technology.
5. Shapley made early theoretical inroads into the subject, using game theory to analyze different matching methods in the 1950s and 1960s. Together with US economist David Gale, he developed a mathematical formula for how 10 men and 10 women could be coupled in a way so that no one would benefit from trading partners. While that may have had little impact on marriages and divorces, the algorithm they developed has been used to better understand many different markets.
6. Chandelier is the 17th most viewed music video on TouTube of all time and has racked up more than 712 million hits.
1. We will make our skies blue again.
2. There are no such circuit breakers in Hong Kong where the H-share index of mainland equities fell less than 4 per cent on unremarkable volumes. One might have expected more of a bloodletting. Mainland retail investors participate in both markets — a function both of Stock Connect and a leaky system — and if you can’t sell what you would like, you sell what you can. Foreign H-share investors too might be presumed sellers, having been the most bearish on China’s economy. Yet yesterday, even as Shanghai opened down a further 3 per cent (before rebounding), Hong Kong’s H shares remained resilient.
3. 节目10 歌曲《茉莉花》，宋祖英 席琳-迪翁
5. More than 90 per cent of alumni from the most recent graduating classes accepted a job offer within three months of completing their programme.
6. The average salary of St Gallen’s alumni jumped to $102,000 three years after graduation compared with $90,000 last year.
2. Growth in the key sectors driving China’s economy softened last month, according to official gauges tracking activity at manufacturing, services and construction businesses.
3. 9. 《大空头》(The Big Short)。亚当·麦凯(Adam McKay)把影片处理为喜剧，但在他以笑声轰炸屏幕的同时，也表明他对这场2008年经济崩溃的呈现是一场让人心碎的美国悲剧。
The cart-topper's latest track, There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back, saw him beat out the likes of DJ Khaled 's Wild Thoughts ft. Rihanna, as well as Ed Sheeran's smash hit, Shape of You. and Daddy Yankee & Luis Fonsi's record-breaking Despacito.